MathCraft Newsletter Issue Q4 2018 – Associate Member of NCMS
Creating a Positive, Pro-Security Culture
Are the members of your security team the “bad guys” in your organization? Creating the right company culture requires more than the popular “just-in-time” training. Security should be a habit – not a hindrance. Everyone needs to understand the importance of security in everything that you do.
- NBIB Releases New Report on Status of Security Clearance Backlog - There are now over 8,000 background investigators tackling the backlog. Read more
- Continuous Evaluation System Aims to Streamline Security Clearance Investigations - The investigation process will never stop thanks to new “continuous evaluation” software. Read more
- Background Check Change Could Put Troops’ Clearances at Risk - The DoD’s automated, continuous evaluation system may hurt the military careers of some soldiers. Read More
- NIST Pushes on Next Version of Risk Management Framework - A draft of RMF 2.0 is due out in November, and it will focus on protecting PII. Read more
- Pentagon Issues Guidance on 6-Year Periodic Reinvestigations and Special Access Programs - In July, the Pentagon doubled-down on its move to change the scope of PRs from five years to six. Read more
Protecting the Privacy of Your Employees
“OPM rules state unequivocally that SF-86s are not to be filed in the Official Personnel Folder.”
Make Your Security Training “Snackable”
New Portal Commander Edition Set to Release in October
MathCraft Security Technologies, Inc. is the leading provider of innovative software and technologies for Industrial Security professionals. Our tools are compliant with 32 CFR Part 117, NISPOM Rule and are available on-premises or in the cloud. Contact us today to see how our products can transform your security operations!
NCMS Endorsement/Disclaimer: References to commercial products, processes, or services do not necessarily constitute an endorsement by NCMS Inc. The opinions and views expressed on this email and on any linked web sites do not necessarily reflect those of NCMS.
© 2022 MathCraft Security Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
44121 Harry Byrd Highway, Suite 200, Ashburn, Virginia 20147
MathCraft offers the most comprehensive industrial security software in the industry. Our products are compliant with 32 CFR Part 117, NISPOM Rule, and are available on-premise or in the cloud!